- Published Author: Meditation Express: Stress Relief in 60 Seconds Flat [McGraw-Hill/Contemporary, 2001]. Selection: One Spirit & Book-of-the-Month Clubs ~ featured on Wall Street Journal News network
- Former Miami Herald Columnist
- Assistant Editor, Pulse, The Magazine of Mount Dora, Eustis and Tavares (FL)
- Associate Editor, Velocity, Central Florida’s Green & Conscious Living Magazine
- Founder & Editor, The Peace Muse Newsletter (www.TheHarmonyProject.org)
My first book, Meditation Express: Stress Relief in 60 Seconds Flat (Contemporay/McGraw-Hill, 2001), co-authored with my husband, Michael Suib, evolved from years of study and involvement in holistic healing and teaching. I taught meditation at Bard College in Annandale-on-Hudson, NY, corporate stress reduction seminars, and was the “Official Radio Meditator” on Doug Grunther’s provocative “Woodstock Round Table” on WDST-FM in Woodstock, NY. The book was a selection of the Book of the Month and One Spirit book clubs, featured on the Wall Street Journal Radio Network, translated into Chinese, and featured in Annie B. Bond’s “Spa Secrets/Inner Beauty” newsletter on the Care2.com network. It’s a regular feature in Topical Bio Medic Inc.’s (Topricin) quarterly newsletter Natural Healing, Natural Wellness.
That book’s sale and success–thanks to the Denise Marcil Agency in New York, NY, our tireless marketing and good fortune– began a new venture at a time when Michael and I were becoming ‘snowbirds’ and spending half the year in our cottage in Woodstock, NY and the other half on our houseboat in Key West, FL.
Word spread that I have a keen eye for continuity, pacing and the all-important marketing steps needed to take a manuscript to market. I edit both fiction and non-fiction, specializing in self-help manuscripts that inspire, educate and enliven readers.
I am familiar with self-publishing, the benefits of a literary agent–and how to obtain one–and mainstream publishers. Writing a professional query letter and a proposal are my forte.
I wrote a weekly Miami Herald arts column, “The Island Muse,” from 2004-2006, and gained new appreciation for the term deadline (and was finally able to put my B.A. in art history to good use). I have also co-authored a screenplay, numerous articles on stress relief, help edit magazines, and am the creator of the DeStressXpress weekly online guide to stress management.
I donate a percentage of all fees to organizations promoting literacy and the healing of the planet.
Partial Book/Client List
- Between the Cracks: One Woman’s Journey from Sicily to America by Carmela Catutti
- Confessions of a Key West Cabby by Michael Suib
- Don’t Blame the Game by Michael Schwass, MSW and Clarence Trausch, Ed.D.
- Eight by Al Chiodi
- Energetic Skincare, Naturally by Jon Canas
- Face Yourself by Pamela Laurence
- How Good Attorneys Become Great Rainmakers by Mark Powers and Shawn McNalis
- Jasper Saves the Day by Lily
- Peeling the Onion: Reversing the Ravages of Stroke by Robin Robinson
- Sex, Salvage & Secrets by Reef Perkins
- The Kill by Jan Neuharth
- Weaving a Woman’s Life: Spiritual Lessons From the Loom by Paula Chaffee Scardamalia
I appreciate your care and detail. Thank you so much for all your help and guidance. You have been invaluable to me. — Beata Chapman, Lose It: 100 Ways to Lose Weight in Minutes a Day